Bot on/off command

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

Bot on/off command

Postby Wickets_Fanclub » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:46 pm

i need help making a bot on/off command

iam making a backup bot and need a script that only hops and above can activate.

so if main bot goes down hop or above can type say: !backup-activate... and it takes over and then !backup-deactivate to stop it...

please halp! :P
Wickets_Fanclub

Re: Bot on/off command

Postby Wickets_Fanclub » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 am

should have said iam running it on mIRC, i have been looking at script loaders but none that i have found seem to work prob due to there being written so long ago and they dont have a access level so anyone will be able to load the script once they see it dont by someone... hopefully someone can point me to a working one or is able to write one please.
Wickets_Fanclub

Postby Wickets_Fanclub » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 am

the if worked perfectly, only thing iam stuck on is when i add the line load -rs scriptname.mrc

on *:TEXT:!tempbot activate:#test101: {
if (($nick ishop #test101) || ($nick isop #test101)) {
set %activate on
load -rs chrisv1.mrc
/msg $chan ACTIVATED!
/msg $chan Loaded....
}
}

i originally put the load part at the bottom under the 2 messages and nothing was happening so after putting it as it is above it will not send the messages into the room... whats wrong?
Wickets_Fanclub

Postby Wickets_Fanclub » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:22 am

ended up ditching this route it wasent working and my knowlage of scripting is far too limited to make it work. so i make a auto invite accept script with graphic box so i or any mod can call the bot into the room and deactivate it when the normal one returns. :P
Wickets_Fanclub

Return to Script help