mIRC script help

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

mIRC script help

Postby @w3s0m3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I need help with the following script. This script is supposed to be triggered if i have been AFK for over 3 minutes. If I am AFK and someone says my name it will display a message to the user telling them i am AFK. After That, The Dialog Should Appear On My mIRC Client To Tell Me What Channel The Person Said My Name On, What The Person's Nick Is, and What Time They Sent The Message. A button on the dialog to close it would be nice also. Thanks For Your Help!
Code: Select all
 on 1:TEXT:*nak1995*:#t3chmaster:/mag #t3chmaster $nick : nak1995 is currently AFK (Away from keyboard). I am a script programmed to tell you when he is AFK. He should be back soon and i will tell him to contact you when he gets back. | .dialog NM

dialog NM {
  title "Name Mentioned!"
  size -1 -1 216 221
  text "PM from:", $nick
  text "Message:", $$1-
  box "", 7, 7 2 201 212
  }
@w3s0m3

Re: mIRC script help

Postby GrimReaper » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:31 pm

@w3s0m3 wrote:I need help with the following script. This script is supposed to be triggered if i have been AFK for over 3 minutes. If I am AFK and someone says my name it will display a message to the user telling them i am AFK. After That, The Dialog Should Appear On My mIRC Client To Tell Me What Channel The Person Said My Name On, What The Person's Nick Is, and What Time They Sent The Message. A button on the dialog to close it would be nice also. Thanks For Your Help!
 on 1:TEXT:*nak1995*:#t3chmaster:/mag #t3chmaster $nick : nak1995 is currently AFK (Away from keyboard). I am a script programmed to tell you when he is AFK. He should be back soon and i will tell him to contact you when he gets back. | .dialog NM

dialog NM {
  title "Name Mentioned!"
  size -1 -1 216 221
  text "PM from:", $nick
  text "Message:", $$1-
  box "", 7, 7 2 201 212
  }

From what I can see, I don't know why you would use a Dialog, and not a @highlight window. Something along the line's of.

on *:TEXT:$(* $+ $me $+ *):#t3chmaster: {
  if ($away == false) { HALT }
  elseif ($away == $true) {
    window @hlmsg. [ $+ [ $network ] ]
    aline @hlmsg. [ $+ [ $network ] ] ( $+ $nick At $time on $date ( $+ $chan $+ )) $1-
    notice $nick Sorry $nick $+ , I am currently AFK (Away from keyboard). I am a script programmed to tell you when I am AFK. I will be back soon and I will tell him to contact you when he gets back.
  }
}

That should be sufficient enough for what you want.
Last edited by GrimReaper on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrimReaper

Re: mIRC script help

Postby @w3s0m3 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 pm

wow. Thanks GrimReaper! That was a very fast reply and a great solution!
@w3s0m3

Return to Script help