Rules for voiced users.

Forums for #chris on GeekShed. Chris Pirillo Live Stream

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

Rules for voiced users.

Postby tengrrl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 am

Once you are offered voice in #Chris, please register or login to these forums and reply to this thread, stating that you have read and understood the following.

1. As a voiced user, you must set an example for everyone that visits #Chris. Becoming a voiced user in #Chris is a privilege, not a guaranteed right and can be revoked at any time. We expect you to uphold the same attitude that earned you your voice; stick to the rules and help maintain a clean, helpful community
  2. You may see the same or similar questions posted in the chat on a regular basis. Everybody started somewhere and the intricacies of IRC and Chris are not necessarily obvious to new users. Try to help out as much as you can and be respectful towards other users with your responses
  3. When spammers or trolls come into the channel, do NOT feed into their behaviour by commenting to them. Simply ignore them, and don't give them the attention they crave
  4. When the ops are active, we ask that you NOT give any kind of warnings. It makes it more difficult for non-voiced users to figure out exactly who they should be listening to and can lead to confusion as to what the rules are, making it difficult to moderate #Chris..
  5. When the ops are inactive, it is acceptable for voiced users to warn non-voiced people about things such as all caps, etc. However, for any other type of rules violations, please step back and allow an Op or Hop to handle things. If an Op doesn't see the problem immediately, you can try to highlight the most recently active Hop/Op. If nobody is reacting after a reasonable amount of time, call all of us by typing the word Chrisop in the channel.
  6. You do not have the authority to kick or ban, so do not threaten other users with it. Try to point them in the right direction, or call on an Op if that doesn’t work. It is up to the ops to decide what action may be taken.
  7. Try to notice if the room goes moderated (+m). This is usually done for the mod team to offer warnings or deal with problem users. Even to voiced users, it means take a break from typing, read what is being said by the mods during the +m and try to learn from it (even if you were not at fault). Once an op un-moderates the room or states that voiced users can talk now, feel free to chat as as normal.
  8. Should your cat fall asleep on your unlocked keyboard and you find yourself with your voice removed, appeal it properly in the #Chris - Ban appeals forum. If we feel the situation was accidental and not likely to be repeated, we will gladly re-voice you.
  9. In the rare instances that videos are recorded using the live stream (and chat will be displayed in the final video), please try to keep the conversation on topic. If others go off onto a different subject, try to guide it back by continuing to talk about the subject at hand.
  10. Do not question authority of an Op or Hop, and never argue with or contradict an Op or Hop who corrects you. If there are any doubts as to the "hierarchy" of staff in the channel, you can refer to this:

1. #Chris Moderation Board (&) Makes all final decisions. (CCMike, Brigitte, CornishNerd, locust)
    2. All other full Ops (@) All full ops are of equal "status", and can overrule any Half-op, voiced or non-voiced user
    3. All Half Ops (%) If no full ops are around, the half-ops have full authority to make channel decisions and kick/ban
    4. Voiced Users (+) Warn when no ops/hops active, type “chrisop” when back up is needed

If at any time you have questions or issues about these rules, or anything else in the channel, please feel free to request a PM with someone from the Moderation Board or send us a message on the forums. We are always happy to help and open to suggestions for making the community a better place.
tengrrl
GeekShed.Net Staff

Re: Rules for Voiced Users in #Chris

Postby Fortress » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:16 am

I agree to the rules of Voiced Users as set forth here.

Fortress
Fortress

Postby Ashryne » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 am

I have read and understood the voiced users rules and will apply and follow them.

-Ashryne
Ash
#Chris Moderator
#EricJess Moderator
Ashryne

Postby cirian75 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:12 pm

I have read and understood the voiced users rules and will apply and follow them.

cirian75 (Simon B)
cirian75

Postby ConnorW » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:53 pm

I agree

ConnorW
ConnorW

Postby craighton » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:22 pm

I hear by agree to these rules... again :D
craighton

Postby iJ0nathan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 pm

I have read and understand the voiced user rules, and will follow them.

iJ0nathan.
iJ0nathan

Postby Codec » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 pm

I agree to the rules of VOP
Codec

Postby Bkil » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 am

I agree to the rules.
A group of non-conformists conforming to nonconformity.
Bkil

Postby g_fountain » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:37 am

I have read and understand the voiced user rules, and will follow them.

g_fountain
g_fountain

Next

Return to #Chris - http://live.pirillo.com