IRC on android apps

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

IRC on android apps

Postby Kartr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:25 am

ok I have been trying to connect to irc.geekshed.net using a couple of different apps via my android phone. However no matter which port I use I keep getting "(Error) unable to resolve irc.geekshed.net (#1/5) - The operation timed out." So I'm going to write down what settings I'm using when I try to connect and if someone could tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Address: irc.geekshed.net
Port: 6667
SSL: off
Encoding: UTF-8

Or if anyone has gotten irc to work on their Android phone and has any idea's why it's not working for me please let me know what you think the problem might be.
Kartr

Re: IRC on android apps

Postby mendi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 am

Use mibbit.com
mendi

Postby Kartr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 am

mendi wrote:Use mibbit.com

Do they have an app I can download to my phone? Cause I'd rather not have to open a browser page just to use IRC.
Kartr

Postby Kartr » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Tried mibbit and it just endlessly loops the loading screen animation and never actually loads the chat. So still trying to figure out how to get IRC working on my Android with irc.geekshed.net help please!
Kartr

Postby MissCelsey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:38 am

Kartr wrote:Tried mibbit and it just endlessly loops the loading screen animation and never actually loads the chat. So still trying to figure out how to get IRC working on my Android with irc.geekshed.net help please!

Well what IRC Clients have you tried? If those are not working then there is a problem. I dont understand the question are you asking, which client to get? or saying you cannot connect with a client????
MissCelsey

Postby Kartr » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 am

MissCelsey wrote:
Kartr wrote:Tried mibbit and it just endlessly loops the loading screen animation and never actually loads the chat. So still trying to figure out how to get IRC working on my Android with irc.geekshed.net help please!

Well what IRC Clients have you tried? If those are not working then there is a problem. I dont understand the question are you asking, which client to get? or saying you cannot connect with a client????

I downloaded two different IRC clients on too my android phone. When I put in the address for the geekshed IRC servers the clients don't connect, they always time out saying that the address (irc.geekshed.net) could not be resolved.

I have tried fIRC, AndroIRC, and one other client that appears to have been taken off the Android Market.

My question was twofold:
A) is there an AndroidApp that you would suggest for an IRC client?
B) any idea's why I cannot connect with the clients I have tried in the past?
Kartr

Postby MissCelsey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Kartr wrote:
MissCelsey wrote:

I downloaded two different IRC clients on too my android phone. When I put in the address for the geekshed IRC servers the clients don't connect, they always time out saying that the address (irc.geekshed.net) could not be resolved.

I have tried fIRC, AndroIRC, and one other client that appears to have been taken off the Android Market.

My question was twofold:
A) is there an AndroidApp that you would suggest for an IRC client?
B) any idea's why I cannot connect with the clients I have tried in the past?

Well. I have a Android, and I connect through TeamViewer, into my computer, cause I like using IceChat, but, how many chatrooms are you trying to access, when connecting on AndroidIRC, it crashes if it is on over load.
MissCelsey

Postby Kartr » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I am just trying to connect to a single chat.
Kartr

Postby theebayk1d » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 am

I like using AndChat for IRC on my Moto Droid.
theebayk1d

Postby ronny » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:10 pm

I like using AndroIRC (free) and have had no problems connection to irc.lightirc.com or lightirc.geekshed.net
ronny

Return to HELP!