Research

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

Research

Postby TJ80 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 am

I was watching the #chris chatroom tonight and noticed a user had quit the chat and the quit message stated "[07:31] * +kookieless (~kookieles@protectedhost-CBC6945F.chmtn ... ic.tds.net) Quit (Quit: Nettalk6 - www.ntalk.de). CCMike, an operator stated "[07:33] <&CCMike> clueless remove that irc chat network from your quit message"

Here is the rest of the discussion:

[07:37] <+kookieless> CCMike thats a different client than what this one is
[07:38] <&CCMike> don't care ...romove it
[07:38] <&CCMike> kookieless, please read the GeekShed Terms of Service: http://www.geekshed.net/tos/
[07:38] <&CCMike> you may not advertize other irc networks

I then stated in the chat room "[07:42] <TJ> its a open source irc client actually not network. some clients put the url in the quit message kind of like nvision or whatever it is"

I then had my connection to Geekshed killed by CCMike "07:42:31 Closing Link: TJ[pool-72-xx-xx-xxx.dllstx.fios.verizon.net] Enterprise.GeekShed.net (Killed (CCMike (stay out of what doesn't concern you)))"

Now, I do understand that when a moderator is doing there job to stay out. However, to allieviate the confusion, I stated that the url is to an open source irc client not a network. I feel that instead of people acting ignorant, first do some research. This could have been avoided if people learn before acting out.
TJ80

Re: Research

Postby tengrrl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks for the information, TJ. You've been on the network for a while, so you know it's hard to research everything in the moment. When something like this goes wrong, the best course is to post an appeal. That way you can link to the related information and a member of network staff can fix the error.

It looks as though you were just killed, not banned, so I don't see anything we need to fix right now. If you were glined, use the appeal process and we'll take care of it.
tengrrl
tengrrl
GeekShed.Net Staff

Postby Omar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 am

You should know by now that moderators are superior to regular users in every way. How dare you attempt to give them any sort of criticism and/or suggestion?! Moderators are informed at all times and do not require a mere user such as yourself to advise them at any time. CCMike wasn't incorrect, how can he be, it wasn't him, it was you, you shouldn't be involved in moderator affairs, even if it's just to inform the mod of something, even if it's in a public channel. No, no, no. He is a moderator, he is superior, you are a regular user, you are inferior. Moderators are always right and you dare not think otherwise.
Omar

Postby TJ80 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 pm

You're funny Omar. :lol:
TJ80

Return to Comments and Suggestions