REquesting vhost, but services has wrong email address

Moderator: GeekShed.Net Staff

REquesting vhost, but services has wrong email address

Postby iscifitv » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 am

I have a few eggdrop bots running on a server and I requested a vhost and noticed that the 5 email addresses were not even close to ones I would have used to register the nickname with nickserv. However these email addresses are from partner sites.

Is there a way to clean up these email addresses? I do get verified by creating the geekshed.html file, but wondering as to where the invalid email addresses came from.

host: ando.newmediaflow.info
domain vhost stream.indienation.fm (runs on above host)

all emails used for the bot should be in the indienation.fm domain.

your comments are welcome.
thanks
iscifitv

Re: REquesting vhost, but services has wrong email address

Postby Phil » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 am

We take the e-mail addresses from the home page of the site and also from the domain's whois record. They sometimes come out a little funky because of the way they are displayed on the site in the source code - it's hard to work out what is the e-mail address and what is the code.

Phil
Phil

Postby iscifitv » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:03 am

Phil,

very cool that is parses the web site for contact email. My first thought it was on the nickserv or service database. That being said I can update my site so email addresses are easier to find out.

thanks for the support.

- Jeff
iscifitv

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 am

Site parsing was added mainly for .tel domains where the whois record doesn't show any info but the site does. It's not particularly applicable to other sites but it's there if needed.

Phil
Phil

Return to HELP!