Can I have a vhost on GeekShed?
Providing you and your selected vhost meet certain requirements, you can! These requirements and regulations are…
- Your nickname must have been registered for at least 90 days
- Your vhost must either be a domain that you personally own or must end in “.vhost”
- We cannot grant vhosts to users who do not own the requested domain. You must be able to prove that you own the domain by allowing us to send an e-mail with a passcode to the e-mail address shown in the domain WHOIS record. If e-mail is not shown in the WHOIS, we may ask you to create a custom DNS record. If you own the domain, you may grant other users permission to use that domain as their vhost, providing they meet the 90 day requirement
- We do not do vidents – only vhosts – i.e. you can have domain.com not email@example.com
- If you abuse your vhost (e.g. use it to evade a channel ban) it will be removed, you will be banned from the network and, on your return, you shall not be permitted to have a vhost again
- You may only change your vhost once every 6 months
If you donate to GeekShed you can request a donor vhost (or other custom vhost) be set on your nickname – regardless of how long it has been registered. Donor vhosts are still subject to abuse regulations but will be changed if you donate more money and reach a new donor level. The donor levels are listed below with the donation amounts required. The format of the vhosts will be xxxx.supporter.geekshed.net where xxxx is the donor level.
||Minimum Donation Required (USD)
If you meet these requirements and would like a vhost, come and see us in #vhosts on irc.geekshed.net.