Featured Channel: #JupiterBroadcasting
#JupiterBroadcasting is the online chat and IRC home of Jupiter Broadcasting, the podcasting network currently producing six shows and streaming 24/7. The channel was founded by ChrisLAS on April 29, 2009.
What happens in the channel?
We’re a community focused around Jupiter Broadcasting, a podcasting network that produces high quality shows such as the “Linux Action Show” as well as many others. Our current lineup includes these shows:
- Linux Action Show (LAS)—The world’s #1 Linux podcast covers the best in the open source and Linux world.
- Coder Radio—A pragmatic look at the art and business of Software Development and related technologies.
- SciByte—Science and technology, in bite-sized (and delicious) chunks.
- Unfilter—A media watchdog, meme spotter, and topic deep diver.
- TechSNAP—The Systems, Network, and Administration Podcast covers stories that impact the tech industry.
- FauxShow—The network’s unofficial talk show, which features the chat room prominently in “The Lower Third.”
Each show is streamed live, and the channel is frequently featured, meaning you can chime in with your opinion while a show is being recorded. Between shows, the chat is always active with various topics of discussion, from Linux, to tech, to politics, to bacon.
What are the channel policies?
Our chat is very friendly and welcoming to people with differing opinions, as long as you are polite and courteous to your fellow chat members.
Anything else you want folks to know?
Join us live for our 100th episode of TechSNAP, a Systems, Network, and Administration Podcast! It’s sure to be a good time! Mark your calendar for March 7th, 4PM EST (or 2100 UTC)!
You can also find more resources on these pages:
Want to have your channel profiled on the GeekShed website? Check out the requirements and use the online form to apply.
—posted by Tengrrl/Bunny